Thursday 16 November 2017

BeeCrafty - Wizard of OZ Samples.

Hey Bloggers..

I appologise, I totally forgot about my post for BeeCrafty yesterday. Life is a bit hectic around here at the moment.. No excuse though so I decided to post my samples today.

Bev was on Hochanda this past Tuesday with the amazing stamp collection called "Inspired by the Wizard of OZ". Its a beautifull collection based on the original book.

This one is made with distress ink. I made a water colour wash for the back ground and then the same colour through the brick stencil.
Mr Tinman is coloured and covered with glossy accent.

This background took quite some time to make to be honest, but it was worth it I think. I started by repeatedly stamping OZ greeting with red, orange and yellow distress ink. I then misted it with water and left to air dry. Once dry, I took the brick stencil and used a clear paste through it. Once again, left to dry. Once totally dry again, I misted the background with plenty of water so the ink between the bricks started to run. Once again left to dry.

While doing all this waiting, I stamped the same greting on to vellum and I stamped and water coloured my Lion. I fuzzy cut him and added him to my background with my greeting.

 Once again my brick stencil, this time with white paste. Once oaste was dry I added brusho on top.
Dorothy is water coloured and fuzzy cut as is my greeting.

 This one was a play on one of my favorite card designs. Its no secret that I love making backgrounds and this design is such an easy way to show off a background. 

And then my favorite.. These stamps has a vintage feel to them. And after making the other samples I still hadnt come up with that "wow" card that I always aim for when getting a new collection landing on my table. And then it hit me.. I had made my samples as usual BeeCrafty cards.. My usual style.. But these stamps are so different and needed a different approach.. And thats when this vintage card came together..

I used the BeeCrafty Steampunk papers, lots of layers and distressing, water colouring and fuzzy cutting, twinw and whatever that mesh stuff is called  lol..

I love this creation and think it truly sets of these beautiful stamps.

And that is it for today. Thank you for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Dont forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.
 Happy Crafting


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stamples hun! I especially love the Friendship one ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning samples as always hun.. love them all x

    ReplyDelete