Wednesday 5 April 2017

BeeCrafty Inspiration.. Steampunk clock..

Hey Bloggers.
Thank you for popping by..

Todays projects is for BeeCrafty.
 For today I've tried out something I saw one of my teamies do. Alisa used the steampunk clock stamp to make some amazing earrings out of shrink plastic.
Now I dont make jewelry but I do have a big pack of shrink plastic so I decided to make the clock and add it to a card.
For this card I used the following stamps and papers:
 I started with a card blank, a black mat and a piece of the steampunk background paper pack.
I then stamped all my cogs strait on to the paper. Once that was done I stamped my clock onto the shrink plastic. I stamped on the glossy sides as I needed the numbers to still be the right way round but normally I'd recommend stamping on the rough side but it does mirror the image.
Once clock was stamped and ink was dry (please note when stamping on the glossy side, ink takes longer to dry) I cut it out and started the heating process. You can bake the pieces in the oven but I used my heat gun and use an acrylic block to flatten my piece after.
Once my clock was done I took a label die, die cut the black label, stamped my greeting and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.. I then lay the die back on my card a drew around the outside of the die to make the black border. I used a versamark pen to hand draw the the extra lines and once again used gold embossing powder.

Now, the embossing powder thats on the cogs.. weeeeeell happy mistake I suppose lol.. It wasnt planned but when I added the powder to my hand drawn lines, it just stuck. I decided to leave it there as I prefer the bit of a rustic look.

And that's all from me for today.
 Thanks for popping by and for any comments left behind.
Dont forget to come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube or my FB page.
 Happy Crafting
 

No comments:

Post a Comment